+61 412 203 791

What you need to know before moving to Australia

International nurses relocating to Australia need to make sure that you are AHPRA registered, can work in Australia and are financially aware of your big move.

1. Apply for your AHPRA registration.

In order to work in Australia as a nurse or health practitioner you will need to be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

For more information or how to apply, please click here.

2. Are you eligible to work in Australia?

If you would like to work in Australia you will need a visa, for more information on visas please click here.

If you are looking for a work sponsorship visa, this is now called a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482).  Please enquire with MOR. Healthcare as we do have some clients that are happy to consider candidates that require sponsorship.  For more info on this visa please click here.

3. Financially ready in relocating to Australia?

Packing your life and moving to another country is costly, especially if you are moving with your family.  Please keep this in mind and understand your costs and make sure you having savings to back you/ your family through these different phases from; obtaining a visa, flights, shipping goods, temporary and permanent accommodation and settling into Australia.  Please note, most metropolitan hospitals do not offer relocation assistance, so make sure you have your costs covered.